Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Golden Globes 2011 Best Dressed: Arcadia Edition

I have to admit that I don't ever watch the Golden Globes, or any awards show for that matter, but I always enjoy looking at what the celebrities wore once it's posted online and I can view it at my leisure. Yesterday Ali, Cory, and I were looking up pictures from the show and discussing who we thought was the best dressed.

Ali came into work already decided on her favorite as Clare Danes' neon silk Calvin Klein Collection gown.

Cory's favorite dress of the night was the amber open-back Giorgio Armani PrivĂ© gown, which was embellished all-over with paillettes and Swarovski crystals, worn by Anne Hathaway.

Looking through the images I was surprised at how many of the actresses were wearing one shouldered gowns. I'm not a big fan of this silhouette, I much prefer a more classic look- which is exactly what Livia Firth chose to wear. What's even cooler is the story behind her gown designed by Jeff Garner of Prophetik.


Firth's gown is made form Tussah silk, also known as Peace Silk. The process of making Tussah silk doesn't kill the silkworm in the process, unlike normal silk. In addition to being animal cruelty free, Tussah silk is made without the chemicals and waste that's used in the production of normal silk.

In my opinion, Firth blows the other women (and their dresses) away with her ability to prove that eco-fashion is wearable, beautiful, and chic. Hopefully more actresses take note of this and choose to support sustainable fashion lines for their next red carpet appearances!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment