Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Meet Caren :)


Name? Caren Strauss-Schulson

Neighborhood in which you reside? Center City

Favorite Philly restaurant? This is a hard one because I LOVE food. Ekta for Indian, Fat Salmon for sushi, Bitars for falafel, and Village Whiskey for burgers (or Elevation Burger if I'm in the burbs).
 
Most memorable fashion faux pas? Wearing green high top Dr. Martens with everything. Including jeans, skirts, dresses, and plaid pajama pants.
 
Favorite line at Arcadia and why? I love the jewelry by Iosselliani and Concrete Polish.  For clothing I would say Margarita Saplala. Her prints are bold and beautiful. The lightweight airyness of her garments make them so easy to wear.

Current song on repeat? This may make me a huge dork... but I love the Warblers Glee Album 

Favorite ice cream flavor? Haagen Dazs Five Chocolate
 
Favorite YouTube clip?  Sneezing Panda http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6vMPYR1vo
 
Favorite artist? I love Amy Ross. Her images of animals morphing with nature are light and beautiful with a somewhat disturbing mad scientist twist. I also like local artists Kris Chau and James Ulmer.
 
Guilty pleasure? Watching every show on Bravo...

Favorite way to spend your days off from Arcadia? I sell vintage clothing and accessories on Etsy. I spend my days thrift shopping and posting items to my shop. Check it out! http://www.etsy.com/shop/BullandBarter.
 
Favorite beer? I love a dirty hoe--> it's half Lambic Framboise, half Hoegaarden.

No comments:

Post a Comment