Saturday, February 9, 2013

Date Night: Philly

With Valentine's day right around the corner, I've been all about scoping out new restaurants that would be perfect for a romantic night out. Here are some of my top picks for great eats to share with your loved one that will fit whatever you're in the mood for!


GIORGIO ON PINE
Cuisine: Italian
For The: Friendly Couple
1328 Pine Street, Philadelphia PA
(215) 545-6265, reservations recommended

Giorgio on Pine
This little BYOB trattoria can get packed on weeknights, so be sure to call ahead. But believe me, you'll understand the hype once you take your first bite. The ravioli is the best I've ever had and the onion encrusted pork loin is phenomenal. The atmosphere is a little less romantic, and you'll probably get real familiar with whoever's dining next to you, but the great waitstaff, owner Giorgio Giuliani, makes for a great time, and the food is simply incredible.




BARBUZZO
Cuisine: Mediterranean
For the: Romantic Couple
110 South 10th Street, Philadelphia PA
215-546-9300, reservations recommended

Salted Caramel Budino
The atmosphere at this great little mediterranean spot gets super romantic at night, and with a kitchen open till midnight, its a great place to grab dinner AND drinks, perfect for these chilly winter nights. Try some of my favorites like the pig popcorn or parsnip ravioli, but BE SURE to get the salted caramel budino for desert, which is even served in a convenient little mason jar. They even have a special menu for Valentines Day!






EL REY
Cuisine: Mex/Tex-Mex
For the: Funky Couple
2013 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia PA
(215) 523-9999

Being born in Texas, my taste for Mexican food is knowledgeable and totally picky, but I've loved El Rey since the first time I ever stepped foot inside. I always get the enchiladas, they have a great array of yummy drinks, and be sure to split the Mango Jalapeno ice cream with your date-- it's my favorite ice cream of all time!

FEZ
Cuisine: Moroccan
For the: Adventurous Couple
620 S 2nd Street, Philadelphia PA
(215) 925-5367

There's so many amazing places to eat in Philly, so it feels like I'm constantly adding new places to my "MUST GO" list. I have yet to try Fez, but I'm in the process of convincing the boyfriend to take me here for Valentines Day. The food and atmosphere is all traditional Moroccan, meaning you sit on the floor in a mound of pillows and eat with your hands. There's even belly dancing! Go on a weekend with at least 2 people, and its only $25 for a 7 course meal. I'm pretty sure if people could have restaurant equivalents, this would be mine. I'll be sure to let you know how it is, or maybe I'll see you there on the 14th too!


Happy eating!
xo Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment