Monday, December 16, 2013

Customers of Arcadia Spotlight: Lesley Grossberg


We haven't done one of our favorite blog segments in a while, Customers of Arcadia. So what better time to interview a lucky one of our lovely customers than when they're running around getting all their holiday shopping done? 

Recently, I was able to interview Lesley Grossberg. Lesley has been a good customer & friend of Arcadia for some time now and we think it's time to shine the spotlight on her. So without further ado, I present to you Lesley Grossberg!
Lesley rocking her Dolce Vita top and Seven Blooms skirt, in Rittenhouse
Q: Tell us about yourself; name, where you’re from, what you do.

A: I’m Lesley. I grew up in Lancaster, and moved to Philadelphia four years ago after spending most of my twenties in the South. I work as an attorney at an intellectual property boutique, focusing my practice on trademark and copyright litigation.

Q: Why do you love Arcadia?

A: The Rittenhouse location of Arcadia was just around the corner from my house. I think I stopped in for the first time after a run to Maxx’s Produce for vegetables. I’m heartbroken not to have that proximity to the store anymore!

I adore Arcadia for the thoughtfulness of Ali’s buying and the ethos of the designers she carries. As a copyright attorney, the theft of fabric prints and clothing designs by cheap knockoff stores drives me crazy, so I appreciate being able to support designers like Feral Childe and Mary Meyer who are truly original and pour so much creativity into what they do. Also, I am lucky enough to have found a wonderful personal stylist in Betsy, who knows my wardrobe better than I do at this point!

Q: What do you like to do in your free time?

A: I run marathons, and travel. Sometimes I even get to combine the two. In the past few years I’ve visited Italy, Brazil, Argentina, and Spain. In a few months I’ll go to France to visit a friend in Lyon and run the Paris Marathon. I enjoy hiking, cooking, and trying all the great restaurants Philly has to offer. I’m also a “band wife” and frequently end up at Dobbs or the North Star Bar to see the progressive rock band my husband and brother are in, http://www.tungstenphilly.com

Q: How would you define your personal style?

A: I posed this question to my friends because I was having trouble answering it. They came up with "quirky sophisticated professional." I love color. Although I have plenty of black, gray, and navy pieces (including a bunch of black-and-brown Mary Meyer dresses that I wear interchangeably with chestnut boots and a great leather jacket I bought in Buenos Aires), I really enjoy being able to wear cute, colorful dresses instead of a staid suit most days. I like to incorporate edgy touches, like a coyote-tooth pendant or a tie-dye scarf, into otherwise fairly conservative outfits. When I’m going out, I’m not afraid to mix prints or textures.

Q: What are some of your favorite basics? (Jeans, sweaters, etc.)

A: Stewart & Brown dresses have been a lifesaver for me in terms of an effortless, classic, and work-ready look. Plus they’re super comfortable and the material holds up well; I hate to iron, so wrinkle-free jersey is a winner.  

After work or at home on the weekends, I’m more likely than not in a Prairie Underground dress or tunic. They’re the coziest thing to wear all winter.

Stewart & Brown black dress in Madrid.
Q: What is your favorite Arcadia piece or look?

A: One of my favorite lines carried by Arcadia is Seven Blooms. The pieces are so fun, almost whimsical, but thoughtfully made and appropriate for just about any event or situation: office, date, or party, depending on how you accessorize.

Speaking of which, I really love the turquoise drop earrings I bought at Arcadia last spring. They add a pop of color to an otherwise basic outfit, and I think they look great paired with a contrasting orange top as well.

And I’d be remiss if I didn’t pay homage to my red Prairie Underground rain jacket. It’s my favorite travel companion (other than my husband). While I don’t wear a ton of red, I love the way this color stands out on an overcast day. The hood is huge—pretty and functional. 

Lesley in her lovely Prairie Underground rain jacket, Uruguay

Thanks for being such a great interviewee, customer, & friend of Arcadia, Lesley!
Happy holidays to you & your family, looking forward to seeing you soon.

Until next time,

Lyssia

No comments:

Post a Comment